Calculating MachinesOther Calculating Machines
Several mechanisms other than stepped drums or pinwheels were used in calculating machines, both in early prototypes and in successful products.
"Calculating Machines - Other Calculating Machines" showing 1 items.
- This tan plastic cover for a ten-key Friden adding machine was found with machine MA*335423, which is by Marchant. It does not fit the machine.
- Friden was making a ten-key adding machine (as opposed to a calculating machine) in about 1960. In 1964, the company began manufacture of electronic calculators.
- Newsweek, November 14, 1960, p. 56.
- Accession file 313935.
- Currently not on view
- date made
- ca 1960
- Friden Calculating Machine Company
- ID Number
- catalog number
- nonaccession number
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History, Kenneth E. Behring Center