Your search found 1 records from National Museum of American History collection..
- This wooden rule is divided along the bottom edge to 1/16" and numbered by ones from 14 to 1. A brass straight edge, sharp enough to cut paper, is fastened behind the scale. Both long edges are beveled. The center front is marked: EBERHARD FABER. (/) NEW–YORK (/) RULER & PAPER CUTTER. The front is also marked: Wm. R. Maxon. It is also marked: CLP. It is also marked: Morton. The back is marked: W.R.M. Compare to 1987.0634.03.
- Eberhard Faber's company made pencils and other office supplies in New York City from 1861 until 1956, when manufacturing moved to Wilkes-Barre, Pa. A. W. Faber-Castell acquired the company in 1987.
- According to the accession file, at the National Museum of Natural History Charles Louis Pollard was an assistant curator of ferns from 1895 to 1903, William R. Maxon was the curator of plants from 1899 to 1946, and Conrad V. Morton was a curator of ferns from 1926 to 1972. All three men presumably used this ruler in their research.
- Currently not on view
- date made
- Eberhard Faber
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History, Kenneth E. Behring Center