MortonKelvin, Bottomley & Baird Dry Card Compass
Morton/Kelvin, Bottomley & Baird Dry Card Compass
- This compass bears the inscriptions of two makers, "JAMES MORTON LIMITED SUNDERLAND" and "KELVIN, BOTTOMLEY & BAIRD LTD REGISTERED 16-20 CAMBRIDGE STREET, GLASGOW, PATENT No 22032 02." The Morton signature appears on the card. The Kelvin, Bottomley & Baird, Ltd. signature, which appears on the heavy brass bowl, refers to a firm that was in business, as such, from 1914 to 1965.
- Ref: T. N. Clarke, A. D. Morrison-Low, and A. D. C. Simpson, Brass & Glass. Scientific Instrument Making Workshops in Scotland (National Museum of Scotland, 1989), pp. 252-275.
- Currently not on view
- Morton, James
- overall: 11 1/4 in; 28.575 cm
- overall: 7 1/4 in x 11 1/4 in; 18.415 cm x 28.575 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History