Conn B-Flat Cornet
- Description (Brief)
This cornet was made by C.G. Conn, Ltd. In Elkhart, Indiana in 1921. It is a B-flat/A cornet, serial #184644, made of silver plated brass and has 3 Périnet piston valves. This cornet features a patented micro-tuner and slide extenders. This cornet is engraved:
MADE BY [/] C. G. CONN Ltd. [/] ELKHART [/] IND.
- United States Patent #1240177, September 18, 1917, was awarded to Charles G. Conn for an “Improvement in Cornets,” which consisted of a thumb screw connected to a cornet tuning slide, allowing the player to tune the cornet with a thumb while playing the instrument.
- Currently not on view
- Conn, Ltd., C.G.
- C. G. Conn Ltd.
- place made
- United States: Indiana, Elkhart
- Physical Description
- brass (overall material)
- silver (overall material)
- overall: 16 1/2 in x 5 in x 6 1/2 in; 41.91 cm x 12.7 cm x 16.51 cm
- overall: 16 3/4 in x 6 11/16 in x 4 3/4 in; 42.545 cm x 16.98625 cm x 12.065 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History, Kenneth E. Behring Center