- The Electromatic brand typewriter was manufactured by the North East Electric Company of Rochester, New York, beginning in 1924. The North East Electric Company produced the motor and base for the Electromatic, and used a Remington model 12 as the typewriter. When Remington did not supply the North East Electric Co. with more typewriters, the company became Electromatic Typewriters Incorporated in 1929 to produce its own Electromatics, before being purchased by IBM in 1933. This typewriter was likely produced between 1929 and 1933.
- Currently not on view
- Electromatic Typewriters, Inc.
- overall: 10 in x 13 in x 16 in; 25.4 cm x 33.02 cm x 40.64 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- International Business Machines Corporation
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History