Food & Shops
Did you know? All income from sales supports the educational activities of the Smithsonian Institution.
Eat at America’s Table Cafe
Our refurbished main cafe features a changing assortment of seasonal and regional American specialties. Stations include:
- American Table - The American Table will highlight the rich culinary traditions from our nation’s kitchens. Each menu change we will feature the cooking of individual states, geographic regions, the season, and historic menus of celebration. This station offers the best representation of American culinary traditions.
- Artisan Market - The efforts of culinary artisans across America will be featured along with craft made specialties of our kitchen. Artisan cheeses, meats, and regional condiments will offer a small plate dining experience. Classic American sandwiches, and the story behind them, are also featured here.
- BBQ - The tradition of outdoor cooking and festive celebration across America has been part of our national culture since colonial times. From 19th century shad planking to political barbeques to weekend tailgates, Americans have enjoyed their food outside. This station features burgers, BBQ, brats and more.
- Southwest Kitchen - The southwestern region of the U.S. has a wonderful blend of interesting flavors and cultures. Centuries of Native American and Mexican culinary traditions will inspire the foods cooked in and served from our hearth oven.
- Harvest Basket - Our salad bar features a selection of seasonally inspired and classic composed salads that are all thoughtfully created.
- Desserts - A wide variety of house-baked cakes, cookies, and treats.
LeRoy Neiman Jazz Cafe - 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
While our main cafe is closed, the LeRoy Neiman Jazz Cafe offers soups, sandwiches, “grab and go” salads, and hot dogs, as well as coffee and a selection of pastries and snacks.
Visiting with a group?
We offer three discounted meal options in our main cafe for groups of ten or more. Visit our group sales page for more information. Please note that group lunches must be paid in advance of the visit, and if you pick up vouchers at the Smithsonian, you will have to do so at the IMAX box office at the National Museum of Natural History.
Main Museum Store
A new 6,000-square-foot store is centrally located on the first floor. Visitors may browse through a collection that includes new merchandise inspired by the Star-Spangled Banner, an expanded line of jewelry and a wonderful book selection. Dog tags, toys, note cards, T-shirts and other old favorites are also available.
Mall Museum Store
Located at the Mall entrance to the Museum, the newly remodeled Mall Store is the grooviest place on the National Mall. It features your favorite popular culture icons, from Lucille Ball to Elvis to Barbie. There are tie-died T’s, nostalgic toys and terrific accessories. Be there or be square.
The Price of Freedom Store
The third floor store is adjacent to the exhibition The Price of Freedom: Americans at War. It carries a large selection of military-themed merchandise, including personalized dog tags that are made on the spot. There is also a large selection of products related to the exhibition The American Presidency, also located on the third floor. Gifts, informative books and maps, White House souvenirs, and military-style clothing are just some of the items available.
Shop online at SmithsonianStore.com.
Wireless internet access is free and open to the public in the Stars and Stripes Cafe (lower level), Welcome Center (second floor), and in selected exhibition halls throughout the building.
If taking a short, wild adventure is your idea of a break, then you will enjoy our ride simulators. They will take you on a variety of journeys like driving a race car or riding a roller coaster.
NEW! Climb aboard an interactive "time-traveling" simulator and accomplish various mission objectives in historic aircraft. Choose from a selection of fighter planes or popular racing planes from aviation’s golden age. Take to the skies as you climb, dive, and roll 360-degrees!
Create a terrific personalized souvenir of your visit to the Smithsonian. Collect all 8 pennies in our new penny album. Machines are located in the main store.
Smithsonian National Mall Tours
Experience a fun and unique way to learn about the Smithsonian, the National Mall, and the rich history of Washington, D.C. Three-hour Segway tours depart from the Museum's Mall entrance daily. Call 202-384-8516 for reservations and information.