Wonderplace Ambassadors help Museum visitors in Wegmans Wonderplace, a learning space designed especially for children ages six and under (and their adult companions) that combines age-appropriate activities with museum collections and touchable objects to provide a gateway to history and a place to exercise curiosity for the youngest historians. Wonderplace Ambassadors play an active role in . . .
- facilitating meaningful visitor experiences by welcoming a diverse group of visitors and engaging in inquiry-based discovery at a variety of hands-on activity stations and using play to inspire and encourage children's and family's interest in history.
- assisting daily facility operations in Wonderplace by getting the space and hands-on activities ready for visitor use and helping with some routine maintenance necessary to keep the space running.
If you enjoy . . .
- helping children six and under discover the world around them and starting them on the path to lifelong learning.
- supporting meaningful interactions between caregivers and children that serve as a stepping stone for connecting families with other exhibitions in the Museum.
- interacting with diverse audiences, age groups, and learning styles.
- working in an often busy and changing environment.
If you have . . .
- an interest in working in a hands-on, informal education space.
- strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- an interest in history and early childhood education.
If you can . . .
- commit to at least two four hour shifts a month. Spark!Lab is open every day of the week except for Tuesdays and December 25th, including holidays.
- handle frequent walking, standing, bending, and lifting.
If you are interested in becoming a Museum Ambassador, please complete our online application here. We are currently recruiting through March 31st. To learn more information about the application process, and to find out more about when we will be actively recruiting please contact Ruth Shirley. NOTE: Acceptance into the program is subject to successful completion of a background investigation.