Webnotes 10-1 to 10-2
Webnote 10-1 | Webnote 10-2
Sources of information about exterior lighting:
- Illuminating Engineering Society, IES Lighting Handbook, (various editions, 1949 - 1999).
- Landscape Architect & Specifier News, April 1999, V.15, #4. (Examples of exterior lighting projects and products.)
- Lighting Design & Application, May 1999, V.29, #5. Outdoor lighting issue.
- Bunge, Robert, "How To Beat Light Pollution," in Astronomy, September 1995, p. 44.
- Finch, D.M., "Atmospheric Light Pollution," in Journal of the Illuminating Engineering Society, January 1978, V.7, #2, p.105.
- Squillace, Stephen S., "Lighting and the Law," in Lighting Design & Application, June 1989, p.24.
- Tanner, A.E, "Light Trespass? What the Heck is That?" in Lighting Design & Application, April 1986, p.22.
- Toho, M., E. Shiohama, H. Imamura, S. Wada, K. Nakai, and Y. Namikoshi, "High Brightness, Color Variable Lighting Element for Large Outdoor Displays," in Journal of the Illuminating Engineering Society, Summer 1989, V.18, #2, p.23.
- International Dark-Sky Association File, Lighting Research Collection. Electricity Collections,
National Museum of American History.
- Lighting Research Collection. Electricity Collections, National Museum of American History.
- Interview, John Anderson, George Cotsas, Sayed-Amr El-Hamamsy, Victor Roberts, and George Wise by Harold Wallace, Jr., 29 October 1996, 2 audio cassettes.
- Interview, Robert Levin by Harold Wallace, Jr., 31 October 1996, one audio cassette.
- Interview, Terry K. McGowan by Harold Wallace, Jr., 25 March 1997,
one audio cassette.
- Interview, Gilbert Reiling and Elmer Fridrich by Harold Wallace, Jr., 1 March 1996, 3 audio cassettes.
Sources of information about energy efficiency and electric lighting:
- US Department of Energy, Advanced Lighting Guidelines: 1993, DOE/EE-0008.
- Advertisements, "Energy Lighting Guide," in Facilities Design & Management, May 1995, p.56.
- Blatt, Morton H., editorial, "Lighting For Efficiency and Productivity," in EPRI Journal, December 1989, p.1.
- Bloom, Daniel M., "New Energy Conserving Blown Reflector Lamps with Improved Beam Distribution," in Lighting Design & Application, December 1985, #12, p.44.
- Buttolph, L.J., "High-Efficiency Gaseous-Conduction Lamps," in Electrical Engineering, November 1936, V.55, #11, p.1174.
- Cowell, Stephen, Steve Gag, and Jackie Kelly, "Energy Fitness: Canvassing Urban Neighborhoods," in Home Energy News, March/April 1992, p.27.
- Dorsey, Robert T., "IES commitment to energy efficiency," in Lighting Design & Application, October 1973, p.5.
- Evans, George S., "Fluorescent lamps, krypton, and the conservation of energy," in Lighting Design & Application, July 1974, p.10.
- Feldman, William and Patti, "Energy-Efficient Lighting Improves Bottom Line," in Electrical Contractor, April 1999, V.64, #4, p.72.
- Fisher, W.S., "New Ideas in Lighting Increase Office Efficiency," in GE Review, November 1956, V.59, #11, p.47.
- Interview with Howard Geller, "Efficient Appliances for the Home," in Energy Auditor & Retrofitter, May/June 1986, p.13.
- Keleher, J. A., "How a school system cut $367,000 from its energy bill," CEE News, April 1995, p.14.
- Lane, Michael, Column "Energy Policies in Action," in Lighting Design & Application, November 1995, p.20.
- Leite, Michael J., "California Leads the Nation With Efficient Lighting Programs," in Lighting Design & Application, September 1986, p.38.
- Lewis, Larry, "Residential Energy Usage Comparison," in EPRI Journal, December 1990, p.43.
- Lewis, Stuart M., "The energy-efficient lighting evolution," in CEE News, April 1995, V.47, #4, p.8
- LRM, "Energy Button Fraud!" in Energy Auditor & Retrofitter, October/November 1984, p.10.
- McCully, Robert A., "Development History of More Efficient Lamp Designs," in Energy Engineering, 1990, V.87, #1, p.29.
- Note, "Europe Has Problems with Efficient Lights, Too," in Energy Auditor & Retrofitter, March/April 1986, p.21.
- Note, "IES Recommendations for the Better Utilization of Energy Expended for Lighting," in Lighting Design & Application, August 1972.
- Notes, "LightPAD for Lighting Audits," and LightCAD for Efficient Lighting Systems," in EPRI Journal, June 1993, p.2-3.
- Olson, Jackie, "Energy-Efficient Program Surpasses Demand Management Goals." in Home Energy News, September/October 1990, p.42.
- Rosenfeld, Arthur H., and David Hafemeister, "Energy-efficient Buildings," in Scientific American, April 1988, V.258, #4, p.78.
- Slater, Dashka, "Sunny Prospects, The U.S. Warms Up to Solar Energy Again," in
Sierra, May/June 1998, p. 28.
- Special Edition, "Directory of Energy-Efficient Products," in Energy User News, Fall 1994.
- Staff, "Inefficient Electric Lamps to be Eliminated," in Electrical Review, (NY), 7 September 1918, V.73, #10, p.371.
- Stepler, Richard, "Energy-saving lighting," in Popular Science, September 1980, p.125.
- Thayer, Richard N., and Bentley T. Barnes, "The Basis for High Efficiency in Fluorescent Lamps," in Journal of the Optical Society of America, March 1939, V.29, p.131.
- Trends in Energy Column, "Mixed Results from Traer's Light Bulb Retrofit," in Home Energy News, November/December 90, p.6.
- Verderber, Rudolph, Steven Selkowitz, and Samuel Berman, "Energy efficiency and performance of solid-state ballasts," in Lighting Design & Application, April 1979, p.23.
- Department of Energy Collections, 1992.0466, 1999.0324 and 1999.3071, National Museum of American History.
- Department of Energy File, Lighting Research Collection. Electricity Collections, National Museum of American History.