National Museum of American History Sets Up Hurricane Katrina Collection
- A cot and a New Orleans Hornets basketball banner from the Superdome
- A pair of handmade, lace valances from the 7th Ward home of the Bryan Williams family that show the high water mark in the house
- A sign reading “Have We Been Forgotten” from Houma, La.
- A kitchen clock, stopped at 9:25, found in a field in Waveland, Miss.
- Shrimping gear from a Vietnamese-American shrimper in Biloxi, Miss.
- A leather halter from a rescued horse in Gonzales, La.