Smithsonian Web Sites Honor and Explore the Presidency
- Four organizing categories: the creation of the office, campaigning, life in the White House and popular perceptions of the presidency
- An interactive timeline—an animated tool that provides instant access to detailed information about specific presidents and the historical eras in which they lived, as well as related objects in the museum’s exhibition
- Special resources for teachers, produced by the museum in partnership with The History Channel
- Interactive activities for young visitors, including explorations of the president’s job, children who have lived in the White House and the presidential seal
- An interconnected set of "Did You Know?" pages revealing interesting and unusual links among presidents and objects in the collection
- "E-mail the President," an opportunity to view letters children wrote to past presidents and a link to e-mail the current president.