B.S., Bates College
M.Sc., University of Oxford
Ph.D., Dartmouth College
The history of physics and chemistry, with a focus on laboratory instrumentation and notebooks.
- The early history of forensic science at government laboratories.
- The history of the National Bureau of Standards/National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Priority disputes concerning the rare earth elements 71 and 72.
- Henry Moseley’s X-ray spectroscopy
- National Council on Public History
- History of Science Society