History of invention, history of photography, new media.
Historical research and writing; managing the Lemelson Center's Web site and its book series on invention with MIT Press; developing public programs and exhibitions.
Exhibitions at the Lemelson Center:
- The Inventive Side of Nobel (2001-2002)
- Nobel Voices: Celebrating 100 Years of the Nobel Prize (2001)
- Sporting Invention (1999-2001)
- Who Invented the Environment? (1999)
- The Colors of Invention (1997-1998)
- Everyday Inventions (1995-1997)
Exhibitions at other museums:
- Flashes of Inspiration: The Work of Harold Edgerton, MIT Museum, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (1998-ongoing)
- Never Stop Learning: The Life and Legacy of Harold Edgerton, Strobe Alley, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (1997-ongoing)
- Hugging Red Hannah: Corporal Punishment in New Castle, New Castle (Del.) Historical Society, (1991-1992)
- From Inventor to Scientist: Elihu Thomson, 1885-1910, Swampscott (Mass.) Administration Building (1986-1987)
- Edison after the Electric Light: The Challenge of Success traveling exhibition, National Museum of American History, (1986-1989)
Society for the History of Technology