A historical look at how medical museums in Euroipe and the United States have collected, exhibited and interpreted this fasinating collecting genre.
Profile profile for chelnickj
M.A. (1979) Case Western Reserve University
B.A. (1976) William Smith College
The history of medicine and dentistry, particularly the history of surgical instrumentation, cardiology and bionics.
- Project Bionics History Group
- Bristol-Myers Squibb 18th Century European Apothecary
- Elizabeth Blackwell Bookcase
- Curator, Recent Acquisitions; The AbioCor Artificial Heart.
- Curator, Artificial Anatomy: Papier M̢ché Anatomical Models
- Curator, History in the News: X-Rays.
- Project Manager: Science Projects: A Taxonomy of Images
- Collections Manager: About Faces.
Lectures and Presentations:
- Prototype Fiberoptic Gastroscoope
- The History of the Bristol-Myers Squibb Apothecary
- Artificial Anatomy: Papier M̢ché Anatomical Models
- Twentieth Century Medical Inventions
- The Science Service Collection
- Collectors and Collecting.
- American Association for the History of Medicine
- American Institute for the History of Pharmacy Archivists and Librarians in the History of the Health Sciences
- European Association of Museums of the History of Medical Sciences, Secrétaire general adjoint 2004
- Medical Museums Association, President, 1995-1997
- Washington Society for the History of Medicine, Council Member 2000-2002; Secretary-Treasurer 2004-2010
An examination of a surgical set which belonged to Benjamin Dudley a surgeon and professor at Tranysyvania College 1814-1850?
Collecting artifacts with special emphasis on the urgical, cardiology, anesthesiology, endoscopy, and bionics collection.
Report on the adoption of the National Library of Medicine's Medical Subject Headings (MeSH), to medical artifacts.