Graduate work at University of Maryland, in American Studies, 1978-1981.
B.A., Sociology, University of Maryland, 1972.
I produce public programs for adult audiences ("Meet the Author" series, discussions, symposia, and Women's History Month programs) and family audiences (family festivals and NMAH Girl Scout Day).
- Initiated the "Meet the Author" series during The American Presidency exhibition opening year
- Co-initiated and produced ten annual NMAH Girl Scout Day events (Peer Recognition Award, 2003)
- Co-produced "Crossroads" series of September 11: Bearing Witness to History public programs (Peer Recognition Award, 2002)
- Project manager for Rock 'n' Soul: Social Crossroads (Memphis, TN) and This Is Your Life, Charlie Brown exhibitions
- Core team member for major permanent exhibitions, including Men & Women, Field to Factory, and After the Revolution.
- Co-founder of Smithsonian Early Enrichment Center
- Co-founder of a children and arts non-profit organization
- American Association of Museums
- American Association for State and Local History