Jennifer Locke Jones
B.A. American Studies, George Washington University
- World War II
- Vietnam Era
- Japanese American internment
- Museum exhibition development
Jennifer Locke Jones is the Chair and Curator of the Armed Forces History Division and the National Numismatic Collection. She oversees all aspects of the management of these two major collections including staffing, curatorial research, program and exhibition development, as well as collections storage and preservation.
- Project Director, Value of Money exhibition for new Gallery of Numismatics (July 2015)
- Project Director, Rapid Capture Digitization prototype for traditional photography using conveyor belt system for 250,000 objects in 5 months (Oct-March 2015)
- Curator, American Heroes: Japanese American World War II Nisei Soldiers and the Congressional Gold Medal and consultant for Web site (2014)
- Curator, Ten Things You Don't Know About: The Flag, History Channel, H2 (2014)
- Curator, A Star-Spangled Story: Battle for America, Smtihsonian Channel (2014)
- Project Director, Civil War Draft Wheel preservation, Civil War sesquicentennial (2011-2015)
- Project Director, Major collections storage renovation of 50,000 square feet of storage space (2010-2014)
- Curator, Civil War 360 Episodes: The Union: The Confederacy, Smithsonian Channel (2012)
- Project Curator, Price of Freedom: Americans at War exhibition and Web site (2004)
- A More Perfect Union: Japanese Americans and the U.S. Constitution Web site (2001), American Library Association traveling exhibition (1995-1999), and NMAH museum exhibition (1987)
- An American Diary: Paintings by Roger Shimomura traveling exhibition ion (2000), curator for NMAH venue.
- The Armed Forces in the Making of America: From the Revolution to World War I, 1775-1919 (2000)
- Fast Attacks and Boomers: Submarines in the Cold War exhibition (2000)
- World War II: Sharing Memories commemorative exhibition (1995) and programming for WWII Hispanic Remembrances and Congressional Recollections (November 1995)
- World War II G.I.: The American Soldier Experience exhibition project manager (1993)
- Personal Legacy: The Healing of a Nation Vietnam Memorial Wall collection exhibition (1992)
- Showcases Infantry Machine Guns in the United States Service: 1861-Present; Manufacturing the M9 Service Handgun
- Secretary's Award for Excellence: Digital Enterprise Award Secretary of the Smithsonian, Dr. Wayne Clough - December 2014
Rapid Capture Pilot Team enhanced the ability of the Smithsonian to digitize collections efficiently and share them with the world.
- Secretary's Award for Excellence: Collaborative Spirit Award Secretary of the Smithsonian, Dr. Wayne Clough - December 2013
Worked successfully across unit lines to support the Smithsonian Mission for the Smithsonian Civil War: Inside the Collection illustrated book.
- Department of the Army Commendation, 1991 for photo exhibition, Desert Storm: A Photographic Diary