Companion book to the Treasures of American History exhibition, featuring more than 150 objects from the NMAH collections.
B.F.A, Maryland Institute College of Art, 1980
- Culture of work
- Management practice
- Manufacturing technology
- Methods and motivations of technological change
- Work imagery
- Barriers to Bridges: Asian American Immigration After Exclusion, Co-curator, 2008.
- American Enterprise
- Bittersweet Harvest: The Bracero Program 1942–1964
- America on the Move, Web development
Past Projects: Exhibitions:
- Treasures of American History, Co-curator, NASM, Nov. 2006 to April 2008.
- America on the Move, NMAH, November 2003, co-curator.
- The Spirit of America, NMAH, lead curator 2001-2002, project canceled by donor.
- From Turbines to Tupperware: Two Centuries of Industrial Drawings from the Smithsonian Institution, Payne Gallery, Moravian College, Bethlehem, PA, August - November, 2001, co-curator.
- Preview Center, National Museum of Industrial History, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, in development
- Between a Rock and a Hard Place: A History of American Sweatshops, 1820–Present, NMAH, Washington, DC, April - Dec. 1998, Museum of Tolerance, Los Angeles, California, November 1999 - March 2000, co-curator
- The Family Car, NMAH, June 1997–August 1997, co-curator
- Images of Steel: 1860–1994, NMAH, 1994–1995, co-curator.
- The Paper Shuffle, NMAH, Information Age Theater, 1993, multimedia presentation, co-curator.
- Who’s In Charge? Workers and Managers in the United States, SITES traveling exhibit, 1992–1996, co-curator.
- The Tool Chest, NMAH, 1991–2006, co-curator.
- Workers and Managers: The Crises of Control in American Manufacturing, NMAH, 1989–1990, co-curator.
- Information Age, NMAH, 1990–1996, section coordinator.
- Sweatshops and Efforts of Reform, symposium
- No Sweat U: Labor Standards and Codes of Conduct, October 6, 1998, Carmichael Auditorium, NMAH
- 25th Anniversary of the Occupational Safety and Health Act, April 29, 1996, Carmichael Auditorium, NMAH
- Economic Security and Progress: Commemoration of the 50th year of the Employment Act of 1946, February 20, 1996, NMAH
- Wages and Jobs in an Era of Downsizing (part II of the commemoration of the 50th anniversary of the Employment Act of 1946), May 1, 1996, NMAH Coordinator of “Work in Progress” lecture series, NMAH, 1988 - 1995.
- “Workers and Managers” a series of evening programs including symposia and films on the changing relationship between labor and management; December 1989 - February 1990, Carmichael Auditorium, NMAH, co-organizer.
The G. Wesley Johnson Prize, for outstanding article in Public Historian, National Council on Public History, 2001.
- Society for the History of Technology
- National Council on Public History