This brochure, based on an 1875 panoramic photo, provides a brief history of the design of the National Mall.
B.A., College of William and Mary, 1982
History of pharmacy, vaccines and biologicals, contraception, botanical drugs, patent medicines, consumer health products, manufacturing and advertising.
- From DNA to Better Beer: Harnessing Nature in Medicine and Industry, collaborative exhibition with the National Library of Medicine, opening Oct 2013 at NLM
- The Birth of Biotech, exhibition, opening October 2013
- "So Much Need of Service" The Diary of a Civil War Nurse, exhibition, 2011
- Marketing Medicines, 1880-1930, exhibition, 2008
- Whatever Happened to Polio? exhibition, 2005
- Balm of America, web catalog of patent medicine collection
- History of the Sterling Drug Company
- History of the G.W. Aimar Drug Company of Charleston, S.C.
- Pharmaceutical archival collections at the Smithsonian
- Extending the Legacy: Planning America's Capital for the 20th Century exhibition, 1996-7
American Institute for the History of Pharmacy