An essay on the history and importance of the Smithsonian Jazz Oral History Program and other components of the collections and work of the Smithsonian and the National Museum of American History to preserve and promote America's jazz legacy.
B.B.A., Business Administration, Marketing
- Advisor, Film Documentary on Oscar Brown Jr., Music Is Life, Politics My Mistress. This film examines the life of artist Oscar Brown Jr. who's artistic disciplines include,vocal performance, composition, theatre, and and poetry.
- Coordinator, Louis Armstrong Education Kit. Supported by a grant from the Department of Education's Fund for the Improvement of Education, this kit is designed to guide teachers in instructing their students about the life of Louis Armstrong.
Past Projects: Contributer to Smithsonian Jazz Oral History Program:
- Interviewed vocalists Jon Hendricks, Oscar Brown Jr., and Bill Henderson.
- Coordinated interviews with tap dancer Jeni LeGon, and Bobby Tucker, musical director for vocalists Billie Holiday and Billy Eckstine.
- Smithsonian Institution Performance Award, 2002-03
- The District of Columbia Mayor's Arts Award, 2002, for Excellence in an Artistic Discipline, to the Smithsonian Jazz Masterworks Orchestra
International Association for Jazz Education, Vice President, Washington, D.C. Chapter