Experience The Nation We Build Together as the National Museum of American History opens signature exhibitions and interactive experiences on June 28, 2017 in the newly renovated west wing of its second floor.
Centered on the ideas and ideals of America, the exhibitions – American Democracy: A Great Leap of Faith; Many Voices, One Nation; Religion in Early America; and Within These Walls… – provide an impactful look into the context of the country’s founding and its evolution today. In Unity Square, visitors will find a new level of public engagement with hands-on activities and theater programs that include a spotlight on one of the Museum’s national treasures, the Greensboro Lunch Counter.
- George Washington Statue and the Nation We Build Together Gateway
- The Linda and Pete Claussen Hall of Democracy, featuring American Democracy: A Great Leap of Faith
- The Hall of the American People, featuring Many Voices, One Nation
- The Nicholas F. and Eugenia Taubman Gallery, featuring Religion in Early America (inaugural temporary exhibition)
- Within These Walls
- Wallace H. Coulter Unity Square, featuring the Greensboro Lunch Counter and hands-on “American Experiments” stations
- On view for a limited time, a nine-foot-tall LEGO Statue of Liberty