Experience The Nation We Build Together, with signature exhibitions and interactive experiences in our newly renovated second floor west wing.
Centered on the ideas and ideals of America, the exhibitions – American Democracy: A Great Leap of Faith; Many Voices, One Nation; Religion in Early America; and Within These Walls – provide an impactful look into the context of the country’s founding and its evolution today. In Unity Square, visitors will find a new level of public engagement with hands-on activities and theater programs that include a spotlight on one of the Museum’s national treasures, the Greensboro Lunch Counter.
- George Washington Statue and the Nation We Build Together Gateway
- The Linda and Pete Claussen Hall of Democracy, featuring American Democracy: A Great Leap of Faith
- The Hall of the American People, featuring Many Voices, One Nation
- The Nicholas F. and Eugenia Taubman Gallery, featuring Religion in Early America (inaugural temporary exhibition)
- Within These Walls
- Wallace H. Coulter Unity Square, featuring the Greensboro Lunch Counter and hands-on “American Experiments” stations
- An audio tour rental guide, with colorful narration from our curators and other thought leaders including Madeleine Albright and Colin Powell.
- On view for a limited time, a nine-foot-tall LEGO Statue of Liberty