For questions from the press and general information about the Museum, please call 202-633-3129 or use the contact form for the Office of Communications & Marketing.
- Smithsonian Spotlights Giving in Culture and the Arts
National Museum of American History Showcases Hamilton Musical Costume, Farm Aid, Sting’s Guitar, Kermit the Frog and Copeland’s Ballet Slippers
- Smithsonian Adds Eliza Hamilton Portrait and Hamilton Costume From Musical
National Museum of American History Tells Story of 200 Years of American Philanthropy
- Smithsonian Accepts ALS “Ice Bucket” for Philanthropy Exhibition:
Names Endowed Curator for Philanthropy Initiative
- National Museum of American History Adds Objects on #GivingTuesday
Museum Documents Story of Philanthropy in America
- Smithsonian Philanthropy Initiative to Examine Impact of Giving on America
National Museum of American History to Document, Exhibit History of Philanthropy
Building the Collection
In December 2016, the Museum welcomed its new David M. Rubenstein curator of philanthropy, Amanda Moniz, who is working to build the Museum’s history of philanthropy collections. Learn more about her collecting plans and work behind the scenes, plus a full roundup of blog posts about philanthropy.
To suggest an object or subject for collection, please email email@example.com.