The “GUNDELACH” inscription on this cold cathode glass X-ray tube is that of a German firm that was formed by Emil Gundelach (1821-1888), and that produced X-ray tubes from the 1890s (shortly after Roentgen's discovery) until the late 1920s. Another inscription reads "Made in Germany."
Ref: Carl Beck, Rőntgen Ray Diagnosis and Therapy (New York and London, 1904), p. 18.
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.