Air sampler with a “MFD. BY / RESEARCH APPLIANCE CO. / ALLISON PARK, PA. / U.S.A. / RAC.” inscription. The Research Appliance Co., a firm that designed and produced apparatus for environmental monitoring, was established by Elmer Ernest Fleck (1914-1996) in Allison Park, Pa., a suburb of Pittsburgh, in 1947, and was acquired by Chemed Corp. in 1973. Its AISI automatic tape sampler, introduced in 1950, became a basic instrument for measuring particulate concentrations in the atmosphere.
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.