These notes, drawings and patterns pertain to plane dissections. They include:
1. drawings relating to transformation of a hexagon into a square - 1932
2. drawings relating to hexagon and square
3. drawings relating to transformation of a regular hexagon into two equal regular hexagons - March 31, 1932
4, drawing relating to hexagon into four hexatons - 7HD - April 13, 1932
5. drawing related to hexagon into hexagon inside out - 4HG - April 21, 1939
6. drawing related to hexagonal top - with three pattern pieces not the same as the drawing - March 31, 1932
7,. drawing relating to hexagon into hexagon inside out - March 23, 1932
8 drawuigs (on one page) for regular hexagon into two equilateral triangles (March 1931) and regular hexagon into a 30 degree x 60 degree x 90 degree triangle.
9, drawing for regular hexagon into three congruent regular hexagons - March 22, 1932
10. drawing for regular hexagon into two equilateral triangles - 4HI - April 28, 1931
11. drawing for regular hexagon into a 30 x60 x 90 degree triangle - April 21, 1931
12,drawing for regular hesagon into four congruent regular hexagons - March 22, 1932.
13,drawing for triangle separated into three congruent triangles - 12TII - April 2, 1932
14. drawing for regular hexagon into two intersectiing equilateral triangles - 7HE - April 5, 1932
15. drawing for hexagon into a hexagon (inside out) - 3HP - April 17, 1932
16. drawing for regular hexagon into a rhombus - 4HO - April 16, 1932
17. dissected hexagon (Ralph Holmes) - 6HR - April 26, 1932.
18. regular hesagon into two equilateral triangles, or rhombus, or hexagonal top 6HN - April 16, 1932
19. hexagon into four equal hexagons - August 9, 1932
20. hexagon into four equal hexagons (variation) - May 9, 1932
21. hexagon into four equal hexagons - May 9, 1932 - not the same as #20 on the list.
22. hexagon into four equal hexagons - May 9, 1932
23. equilateral triangle into a rhombus March 10, 1932
24, rectangle into a square - Perigal - March 29, 1932
25 . drawings relating to square into four other squares - December 30, 1931, Jaunary 8, 1932 - 8SG - plus additional drawings on topic
26. drawing - triangle into a trapezoid - March 2, 1932.
27. parallelogram into the same parallelogram with parts arranged in a different order - 4PB - Jan 8, 1932, March 9, 1933 - with pieces.
28, copy of a plate showing plane dissections from a paper of R. Brodie - Transactions of the Royal Society of Edinburgh, vol. XXXVI, Plate II, 189. - also notes on the paper.
29. two pages of diagrams relating to colors of the spectrum.
30. pieces for a eleven-piece plane dissection in envelope, with pieces labeled from 1 to 12.
31 (etc.) drawings of plane dissections of quadrilaterals and triangles
32, reprint of a 1937 paper by M. Goldberg, "A class of multi-symmetric polyhedra"
33. drawings of hinges for hinged dissections
34. further drawings relating to plane dissections.
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.