In the years following World War II, MIT established Lincoln Laboratory in Lexington, Massachusetts, to carry out research projects for the U.S. military. These included building the CG24, a transistorized computer that could simulate real time conditions. Designed and built in 1956 and 1957, it ran from 1958 until being scrapped in 1966-67. The CG24 was installed in Westford, Massachusetts, to interpret data from a tracking radar on Millstone Hill. Initially intended to track incoming missiles, the radar and computer also followed artificial satellites and measured lunar features.
Some twenty-four components of the CG24 are included in accession 304346, most of them individual circuit boards.
This green board is marked: Flip Flop D M - 6. It also is marked: 190. A mark on an attached paper tag reads: Flip Flop DM-6 (not one of the general- (/) purpose units).
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.