This a black metal instrument with black leather covering the barrels. The eye end of the left prism housing is marked “RODENSTOCK / 10E7(?)” and the right has text in Arabic, with star and crescent symbol. There is a center focus, and fine adjustment at the eyepieces.
The Rodenstock optical firm began in Würzburg in 1877, and later established offices and factories in Regen and in Munich. It is still in business, and run by descendants of the founders.
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.