This is a wooden plexiglass and paper model of an IBM 1401 computer system. Model pieces include:
1. The IBM 1401 central processing unit with control panel.
2. A disc storage unit.
3. Dual IBM 729 magnetic tape unit (two tape drives - possibly two units)
4. A shorter IBM 7330 magnetic tape unit with one tape drive
5. A yet shorter tape unit (for paper tape? might be IBM 1101)
6. IBM 1406 added memory
7. an IBM 1402 card read-punch
8. an IBM 1403 printer with paper.
Dimensions given are for system arranged compactly.
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.