Cardboard package with inscriptions that read “EVERSHARP / SCHICK” and “magazine / razor / blades / not for use / in injector / razors” and “6 / cartridges.” The package contains two metal cylinders.
Jacob Schick, a retired U.S. Army Colonel, established the Magazine Repeating Razor Co., in Newark, N.J., in 1923. Within a few years, he had filed for patents, and begun producing the injector razor. Eversharp, a firm know for its pens, acquired the firm in 1946, and renamed it the Schick Safety Razor Division of Eversharp, Inc.
Ref: Jacob Schick, “Safety Razor,” U.S. Patent 1,724,969 (Aug. 20, 1929).
Ad for Schick Repeating Razor in Life 92 (Nov. 16, 1928): 39.
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.