An inscription on the front of this cardboard flask reads “BURNITOL / ‘XL’ / POCKET SPUTUM FLASK.” The Burnitol Manufacturing Co. The Aseptic Drinking Cup Co., of Boston, Ma., introduced “Burnitol” to commerce in 1906 and obtained a copyright on the term.
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.