This match case belonged to Earl Silas Tupper (1907-1983), the inventor/entrepreneur behind Tupperware. The inscription on one side reads “The / Plastic Center / STREET FLOOR / Statler Office Bldg. / BOSTON.” That on the other side reads “Co-sponsered (sic) by / New England / Advertising / Beacon Products / Corporation / CAPitol 5413.” The Plastic Center opened to the public in January 1946.
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.