1/16 gal. tin-plate container of Pitcairn’s wood stain, No. 15, Dark Walnut. The Pitcairn Varnish Co. was in business in Milwaukee, Wisc., and Newark, N.J. in 1915. By the early 1920s it was affiliated with the Pittsburgh Plate Glass Co.
Ref: Paints Varnishes and Brushes Their History Manufacture and Uses (Pittsburgh: Pittsburgh Plate Glass Co., 1923), pp. 93-94
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.