One of nine (9) specimens of official pharmaceutical preparations derived from animals donated by Sharp & Dohme in 1930 for the pharmacy exhibits. The museum provided the company with uniform, 4-ounce, flint-glass bottles for the display. Many of these specimens appear to duplicate material received from the company in 1929 (see accession 106945). These specimens replaced material from the 1920 “Modern Medicine -- Animal Products” exhibit. Objects in the pharmacy exhibits were often replaced with “fresh” preparations as specimens became depleted, discolored, or out-of-date.
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.