This postcard view of Mission Dolores was published by the Cardinell-Vincent Company in San Francisco about 1910. The company's published views of California were printed lithographically in Germany.
The Cardinell-Vincent Company was the official postcard publisher for the Panama Pacific International Exposition in 1915.
Mission Dolores, also known as Mission San Francisco de Asís, is the oldest surviving structure in San Francisco, founded in 1776. It was the sixth of twenty-one Spanish Franciscan missions to be established in California between 1769 and 1823. The mission was founded to convert American Indians of the Bay Miwok, Coast Miwok, and Patwin tribes to Catholicism.
Today the mission site is managed by the Sonoma State Historic Park system.
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.