This Model "K" lamp was manufactured in 1931 by the Edison Storage Battery Company. The Edison Cap Lamp consisted of a battery encased in a self-locking steel case worn on the miner’s belt. A flexible cord traveled to the cap lamp, and its entrance into the battery was protected by a flexible steel cover. The battery could power the six-candlepower lamps for 12 hours and was recharged at the end of a miner’s shift.
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.