This battery-powered cap lamp was manufactured by Oldham and Sons, of Denton, Manchester, U.K in the early 20th century. The battery is encased in metal and the cord connects the battery to the lamp, which was worn on a mining cap. Oldham was originally a general engineering firm, founded in 1865, but began producing mining products in 1887.
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.