This tin oil-wick lamp was manufactured by the Leonard Brothers of Scranton, Pennsylvania in the late 19th century. The Leonard Bros. (also known as T.F. Leonard Co.) advertised their lamps in the 1882 “Engineering and Mining Journal” as being available with three different spout sizes, made of seamless brass without any soldering. This particular lamp seems to have one of the larger spouts.
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.