- Handleless seamed cylindrical cup with straight tapered sides and applied molded rim and foot ring, both double reeded; flat bottom set in. Engraved in script on exterior "William C.P. Breckinridge / from his Grandmother / SBP". Bottom underside struck once with a shield-body, spreadwing eagle, head facing left, in a square above H. M\c/KEEN" in raised serif letters inside a sawtooth rectangle.
- Maker is Henry McKeen of Philadelphia, PA; working, 1823-1850.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- place made
- United States: Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
- Physical Description
- silver (overall material)
- overall: 3 3/8 in x 3 in; 8.5725 cm x 7.62 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Miss Sophonisba P. Breckinridge
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.