- Dome lidded, straight tapered spouted flagon with flattened ball knop, chairback thumbpiece and inset curved spout with fixed cover and pouring hole; engraved below spout in script "To the First Methodist Church / in Greenfield by David S Jones / Jan\y 1835". Banded rim, quadruple-reeded fillet on upper body and double-wide band above the flared base; slightly concave bottom with raised center. Thumbpiece is placed below the three-knuckle hinge on the plain, hollow, D-section, S-curve handle with pointed terminal; small oval attachment. Body perforated at spout. Struck once on bottom underside "I TRASK" in raised serif letters inside a rectangle.
- One of four pieces - a flagon, pair of chalices and baptismal bowl, 1986.0027.62-.65 - from the First Methodist Church of Greenfield, MA.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- engraved date
- place made
- United States: Massachusetts, Beverly
- place used
- United States: Massachusetts, Greenfield
- Physical Description
- pewter (overall material)
- overall: 12 3/4 in x 9 in x 6 in; 32.385 cm x 22.86 cm x 15.24 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Credit Line
- Bequest of Dr. Joseph H. Kler
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.