- Raised and spot-hammered handleless cup repousse chased and engraved with "JMS" in a raised decorative font inside a rectangle above a continuous grapevine with three gilded clusters of fruit. Dot-and-dash chased and engraved rim; slightly flared sides and rounded bottom on a short incurved pedestal base with circular molded foot. Gilt washed interior. Bottom underside is struck with "Stone" trademark above "STERLING" and an incuse serif "T".
- Made in the shop of Arthur J. Stone (1847-1938) by benchman Herbert A. Taylor (employed by Stone, 1908-1937).
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- cup, wine
- date made
- ca 1916
- place made
- United States: Massachusetts, Gardner
- Physical Description
- silver (overall material)
- gold (gilding on grapes; gilt wash material)
- overall: 4 1/8 in x 2 5/8 in; 10.4775 cm x 6.6675 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.