- Dental drill with an “S. S. WHITE / PAT. APP’D FOR” inscription. This may be an early example of the improved dental drill for which Samuel S. White received U.S. Patent 167,208 (Aug. 31, 1875).
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Engine, Dental
- dental engine
- Physical Description
- metal, steel (overall material)
- wood (overall material)
- rubber, hard (overall material)
- leather (overall material)
- overall: 1 in x 3 in x 9 in; 2.54 cm x 7.62 cm x 22.86 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Credit Line
- Gift of the S. S. White Dental Manufacturing Company
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Dentistry
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.
Note: Comment submission is temporarily unavailable while we make improvements to the site. We apologize for the interruption. If you have a question relating to the museum's collections, please first check our Collections FAQ. If you require a personal response, please use our Contact page.