2 12 Dollars, Proof, United States, 18241
2 1/2 Dollars, Proof, United States, 1824/1
- United States Mint, Philadelphia. Obverse: Capped head of Liberty facing left, stars around, date below. Reverse: Eagle, motto above, denomination below. This is one of six proof quarter eagles known for 1824.
- The obverse die used for this coin was first dated 1821. The die was redated three years later to produce a handful of proofs dated 1824. Collectors call such coins "overdates."
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- U.S. Mint. Philadelphia
- place of issue
- United States
- Physical Description
- gold (overall metal)
- 0 (overall die axis)
- 0 (overall die axis measurement)
- struck (overall production method)
- overall: 19 mm; 3/4 in
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Transfer from the United States Mint
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.