- Vertical, tapered concave rectangular shaker pierced with two rows of five small holes on top; cast in two halves seamed vertically along ends. Flat bottom with central depression; circular button cover for opening. Bottom under side is struck "REED & BARTON", "STERLING", and "X36", all in incuse serif letters. One of a pair, 1991.0794.03; both are identical.
- Maker is Reed & Barton of Taunton, MA; 1840-present.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- shaker, salt
- date made
- place made
- United States: Massachusetts, Taunton
- Physical Description
- silver (overall material)
- overall: 3 1/8 in x 1 5/8 in x 1 1/8 in; 7.9375 cm x 4.1275 cm x 2.8575 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.