- Figural bud vase in the form of a blooming rose with raised and chased petals. Cast leaves and a rose bud are applied to the slender tapered stem and around the low-domed circular base at join with stem. Underside of base is struck with five incuse marks, "GORHAM&CO.", "STERLING", "7887", "12 ½ IN", and a lion-headed sea creature rising left from a heraldic wreath.
- Made by Redlich & Co. of New York, NY; circa 1895-1946. Retailed by Gorham & Co. of Providence, RI.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- vase, bud
- date made
- ca 1900
- Gorham Manufacturing Company
- place made
- United States: New York, New York City
- place retailed
- United States: Rhode Island, Providence
- Physical Description
- silver (overall material)
- overall: 12 in x 3 1/2 in; 30.48 cm x 8.89 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.