- T Flask from the laboratory of Dr. Wilton Robinson Earle (1902-1964), a cell biologist who spent his career at the Hygienic Laboratory of the United States Public Health Service and the National Cancer Institute, and who developed the "T" flask for growing cell cultures.
- Ref: “Dr. Wilton Earle, Biologist, 61, Dies,” New York Times (June 7, 1964), p. 86.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- T Flask
- Physical Description
- glass (overall material)
- average spatial: 7.7 cm x 2.8 cm x 1.2 cm; 3 1/16 in x 1 1/8 in x 1/2 in
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of the DeWitt Stetten, Jr. Museum of Medical Research, National Institutes of Health
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Biological Sciences
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.