- The patent tag reads “Fournier & Lemaire / Electro-Magnetic / Temperature Alarm / Patented May 4th / 1869.” The inscription on the instrument reads “THERMO...” Fournier was a professor at the Sorbonne in Paris, an authority on thermometric design, and a founder of the Société des Appareils Fournier.
- Ref: J. B. N. Fournier and C. A. Lemaire, “Improvement in Electro-Magnetic Temperature Alarms,” U.S. Patent 89,757 (May 4, 1869).
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- overall: 14 1/16 in x 5 3/4 in x 1 1/2 in; 35.71875 cm x 14.605 cm x 3.81 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Physical Sciences
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.