- The inscriptions on this hair hygrometer read "U.S. WEATHER / BUREAU / No. 22" and 'H.J. GREEN B'KLYN, N.Y." This instrument was probably designed by Charles F. Marvin, a meteorologist who became Chief of the Weather Bureau in 1913.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Hair Hygrometer
- date made
- early 20th century
- Green, Henry J.
- place made
- United States: New York, Brooklyn
- overall: 12 in x 4 in x 3 in; 30.48 cm x 10.16 cm x 7.62 cm
- overall: 12 1/4 in x 5 1/2 in x 3 in; 31.115 cm x 13.97 cm x 7.62 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- U.S. Weather Bureau
- Science & Scientific Instruments
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Physical Sciences
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.