- The U.S. Signal Corps transferred this large ornate meteorological register to the Smithsonian in 1923. The “JULIAN P. PRIEZ & SONS / BELFORT / OBSERVATORY / BALTIMORE, MD. U.S.A.” inscription appears in several places. “SETH / THOMAS / THOMASTON / CONN.” is on the clock movement, as is “MADE IN U.S. AMERICA.”
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Meteorological Register
- Julien P. Friez & Sons, Inc.
- place made
- United States: Maryland, Baltimore
- overall: 8 in x 15 3/4 in x 13 1/2 in; 20.32 cm x 40.005 cm x 34.29 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Physical Sciences
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.