- An evaporograph (or atmograph) records the rate of evaporation of water from a piece of absorbent paper. This example was made in Japan and dates from 1944. The "H. Ota No. 529" inscription refers to an instrument firm in Tokyo that was established in 1943.
- Ref: W. E. K. Middleton, Catalog of Meteorological Instruments in the National Museum of History and Technology (Washington, D.C., 1969), p. 77.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- Ota Keiki Seisakusho
- place made
- Japan: Tōkyō, Tokyo
- overall: 7 1/2 in x 9 3/4 in x 7 1/2 in; 19.05 cm x 24.765 cm x 19.05 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Physical Sciences
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.