- The National Bureau of Standards transferred this unmarked box containing parts relating to radio transmission to the Smithsonian in 1950. It is apparently connected with the first experimental radiosonde developed by H. Diamond, W. S. Hinman, Jr., and F.W. Dunmore at the Bureau and first used on 25 December 1936.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- overall: 6 1/4 in x 9 5/16 in x 7 1/4 in; 15.875 cm x 23.65375 cm x 18.415 cm
- overall: 7 in x 9 in x 6 1/2 in; 17.78 cm x 22.86 cm x 16.51 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- National Bureau of Standards
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Physical Sciences
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.