- “TABULA SELENOGRAPHICA in qua Lunarium Macularum exacta Descriptio secundum Nomenclaturam Prostantissimorum Astronomorum tam HEVELII quam RICCIOLI Curiosis Rei Sidere Cultoribus exhibentur.” Lunar maps according to Johannes Hevelius (left) and Giovanni Baptista Riccioli (right). This image appeared J. B. Homann’s Neuer Atlas (1707), and as chart #11 in J. B. Homann, Atlas Coelestis (Nurnberg, 1742).
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- overall: 21 in x 24 in; 53.34 cm x 60.96 cm
- overall: 30 3/4 in x 28 1/4 in x 7/8 in; 78.105 cm x 71.755 cm x 2.2225 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Physical Sciences
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.