- Geometric design coffeepot comprised of alternating inverted and upright triangles for the straight tapered, elongated octagonal body and triangles and parallelograms for the base. Conforming, eight-sided pyramidal, hinged lid is topped by an octagonal table-cut diamond finial. Angular C-shape handle, hexagonal in section, has conforming insulator and upper socket. Straight-sided pentagonal spout with triangular opening. Body perforated at spout. Underside of flat bottom is struck incuse "WILCOX QUALITY" above a semicircular mark for "WILCOX S.P.CO. / INTERNATIONAL S.CO." encircling "E P N S" in individual squares; "W.M.MOUNTS" and "1981N" are stamped below and "O" incised to left. From a three-piece coffee service, 1994.0385.01-.03.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- ca 1925 - 1930
- Wilcox Silver Plate Co.
- International Silver Co.
- place made
- United States: Connecticut, Meriden
- Physical Description
- silver plate (overall material)
- metal, white (mounts material)
- ebony (insulator material)
- plastic (finial material)
- overall: 10 1/2 in x 8 7/8 in x 4 in; 26.67 cm x 22.5425 cm x 10.16 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.